While writing request letters, remember the following points.
- As you are making a request be courteous and tactful while writing the letter. Let the reader be at ease and not feel burdensome.
- Be brief, confident and not overbearing.
- Be straightforward and include only necessary details.
- Do not manipulate the request according to your own views.
- Make reasonable requests which can be afforded by the person concerned.
- Invite the person to contact you if he or she wants to discuss about the request any further.