Complain to City or Town of Residence Re: Particular
City/Town Policy

Write this type of letter to complain to the city or town where you live about a particular policy of that city or town. Include any pertinent details in your letter, such as the specifics of the policy and why you are complaining about it.

[Your letterhead, if desired; if not, your return address]

[Date of letter-month, day, and year]

[Recipient's first and last names]
[Company name]
[Street or P.O. box address]
[City, State ZIP code]

Dear [recipient's name]:

I am writing to you regarding the city's noise ordinance that states that residents cannot make disruptive noise later than 1 a.m. I believe that this policy should be changed to an earlier hour, so that the policy states that residents cannot make disruptive noise later than 11 p.m. The local college students tend to take advantage of the current policy and make noise well beyond the 1 a.m. time, and 1 a.m. is entirely too late anyway for residents to be disturbed by loud noise.

Please let me know how I can discuss this issue with a city policymaker or pursue getting the current noise policy changed. You may call me at the phone number listed at the top of this letter. Thank you for promptly addressing my concerns.




[Sender's first and last names]